Over the last three weeks, I have had the pleasure to work with our talented group of Fall 2012 campus ambassadors. Hailing from across the country are:
- Shaman at Boston University
- Shenise at Howard University
- Lauren at New York University
- Joe at Stanford University
- Cathy at the University of California at Berkeley
- Sarah at the University of California at San Diego
- Eric at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Sharon at the University of Michigan
- Melissa at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Keeping our employers interests in mind, we selected these nine schools due to their commitment to diversity, technical skills and top tier student talent. A few of the schools on our list we feel have not gotten the attention that they deserve from employers and we hope to change that with our ambassadors.
In this 10 week program, ambassadors will be pitching InternMatch to their peers, organizing promotional events, sharing internships on social media, generating press in their school newspaper, and much more, in order to build deeper brand awareness on their campus.
What does this mean for you as an employer?!
What’s good for InternMatch is good for you too! Deeper brand awareness means more students on InternMatch, which in turn means more students looking at your internship, especially if you are located around one of the campuses where we have an ambassador.
Over the next year, we are working to quadruple the number of students on our site and campus ambassadors are key to helping us accomplish this goal. All in all, expect to receive a higher number of applicants, more talented students, in a shorter amount of time thanks to our hard working ambassadors.